Garmin Edge 520 sensor question.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
Being a bit lazy :whistle:, and now that I have two bikes, I was thinking of getting a second set of speed and cadence sensors to put on the second bike, therefore removing the need to swap them from bike to bike before going out.

Question is..... can I link two sets of sensors to my Garmin Edge 520 so that it picks up the ones on the bike I am using?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yes, the newer garmins "pool" sensors rather than attach them to a speficic bike profile.

Just make sure to only wake the ones you need before a ride

OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member
That is exactly what I was hoping for, and thinking to be honest..... thanks for confirming my thoughts.

bpsmith

Veteran
If you do accidentally wake both bike sensors, the Garmin will ask you if you want to swap to the latest one seen.

Difficult to know, if you haven't named them so you know which is which. My top would be to rename them to match the bike they are on.

When I swapped between bikes yesterday, it was so easy to just press ok on the Garmin.

OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member
If you do accidentally wake both bike sensors, the Garmin will ask you if you want to swap to the latest one seen.

Difficult to know, if you haven't named them so you know which is which. My top would be to rename them to match the bike they are on.

When I swapped between bikes yesterday, it was so easy to just press ok on the Garmin.

Thanks. I haven't bought a spare set yet as the new Bianchi is the first choice over the Giant at the moment but will get some soon as the Giant will be coming out when the weather is not so good!

Vegan1

Yes, you can. I have two power meters linked to my 520 and it picks up as and when they wake. If you can make a note of the ANT number so you know which sensor is which.

bpsmith

Veteran
Yes, you can. I have two power meters linked to my 520 and it picks up as and when they wake. If you can make a note of the ANT number so you know which sensor is which.
Just rename them on your Garmin. So much simpler.

Top Bottom