Garmin Edge 705 - Recalculating routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gooch

Hi

I recently bought a second hand Garmin Edge 705 which has been great up until now although it did something a bit weird today on a ride.

I mapped a 20 mile route that I know very well using Mapmyride. I used this rather than Garmin connect because I wanted to upload the route as a gpx file to my Edge 705 so I could test turn by turn directions.

I was half way through the ride and decided to take a short detour to see what the 705 would do. It recalculated as expected and I carried on and re joined the route.

From then on though the 705 started giving incorrect turn by turn instructions. It was if it was trying to send me to the end of the route via the quickest means rather than as I had mapped it. For the next few miles all instructions and the map route were incorrect until I'd got close enough to the end for it to be back on the correct mapped route.

I've had a look at the routing options in settings but can't really see that anything is set wrong.

I'd be grateful for any ideas?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Turn off auto re routing. It's a pain. You can always rejoin your route from the map. It tries to take you back to where you left the route, not to the nearest part.

OP
OP
Gooch

Gooch

Found it.

Apparently if you go off course and have recalculate set to automatic it will re route you back to the start. That's handy..NOT! I'll turn recalculate to either off or prompted and re test.

Top Bottom