Garmin Edge 810 battery length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We are about to embark on a cycling adventure. I am the only one with a cycling computer (Garmin Edge 810) and I am worried about the battery running out as we need the map. I assumed I could take one of those portable power banks with me to charge it, but it seems the garmin won't charge from it for some reason.... Has anyone come across anything that works or do you have any suggestions to make my garmin battery power last longer? (first day will be the longest..... Probably well over 6 hours....)
Thanks in advance... :smile:

crazyjoe101

An 810 will easily last 6 hours on one charge. Put the screen on 0 brightness, or the 1st bar, and only use the map or elevation screens when they need to be on as they drain the battery faster due to the calculations needed for rendering. For reference I've had 11 hours of constant use from my 810 so far and been down to just above 10%.

I'd agree, I just completed my first tour with an 810 for the routing and had no issues with 10 hours on the bike!

toffee

Guru
Mrs T and I both have 810s.Both were used for over 8 hours a day on a recent tour with lots of checking of the route' the lowest we got to was around 20%.

We regularly charge ours from a Banker power pack we we have been camping without any problems.

Derek

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What do you mean "it won't charge"? Never had that problem with an 810 and a power bank

In any case, as others have said, you'll have no problems. I did Manchester - Llandudno which was 10 hours incl stops (didn't power down in the stops) and I think I was down to about 35% at the end

vickster

Legendary Member
My 800 died after about 8 or 9 hours yesterday

I've been able to charge mine off a secondary battery pack, and not a v sophisticated one at that. So perhaps try another

pawl

Legendary Member
We are about to embark on a cycling adventure. I am the only one with a cycling computer (Garmin Edge 810) and I am worried about the battery running out as we need the map. I assumed I could take one of those portable power banks with me to charge it, but it seems the garmin won't charge from it for some reason.... Has anyone come across anything that works or do you have any suggestions to make my garmin battery power last longer? (first day will be the longest..... Probably well over 6 hours....)
Thanks in advance... :smile:

Take a map as back up.

Slightly different situation .Mountain rescue advise carrying a map as back up Sat Navs have been known to fail.

Lee_M

Guru
My 800 works perfectly of an external power source.
In my case it is this super cheap one from amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MWU1GGI

Top Bottom