Garmin Edge 820 Users?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
My birthday is coming up and my lovely wife is planning to buy me the new Garmin Edge 820 (not the Explore model).

I've currently got an Edge 800 but fancy a change of kit.

Anyone got one of these and can give any feedback on it? Is it any good?

theloafer

Legendary Member

dim

save up a bit more and get and Edge 1000 ... I'm getting one at the end of this month

still a few bugs, but they will be sorted sorted soon (I hope) .... not much price difference between the 2 but a lot more features on the 1000

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
save up a bit more and get and Edge 1000 ... I'm getting one at the end of this month

still a few bugs, but they will be sorted sorted soon (I hope) .... not much price difference between the 2 but a lot more features on the 1000
The 820 and the 1000 have pretty much all the same features. Follow the DC Rainmaker link above and there's a comparison table. If anything, the 820 has a few more, although Garmin will probably harmonise the features across the 820 and 1000 in a software update. The main differences are unit size, screen size and buttons.

OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Yeah I did quite fancy the 1000 but then I thought if I wanted something that big on my stem I'd just use my phone for navigating. The 820 is smaller than my 800 iirc

dim

the 1000 creates 3 random courses/routes based on the distance that you enter .... that, plus the larger screen is what sold it to me. I still dont have one, but will get one at the end of Oct

Oxo

Guru
I've asked this question elsewhere and not got a satisfactory answer I will try again here.

Is it possible to create courses in Garimin Connect using an iPad?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've asked this question elsewhere and not got a satisfactory answer I will try again here.

Is it possible to create courses in Garimin Connect using an iPad?
With the Garmin Connect app, I'm pretty sure you can't, although you can send existing courses to the device. It is possible using the Garmin Connect website but the interface is a total pain in the Harris for touch devices.

Top Bottom