Garmin Edge Outfront Mount Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi.
Treated myself to a Garmin Edge Touring cycle computer and a outfront mount.
Unfortunatly,my handlebar (Carrerra Crossfire 2) are too thin for the largest rubber insert.
I use the largest of the 2 rubber inserts included but it still wont tighten enough on handlebars.
Does anyone know if I can purchase a thicker rubber insert anywhere please?.
Many thanks.

Drago

Legendary Member
Are they 25.2mm bars? Easier just to buy a mount for that size than mess about with inserts - I had the same problem recently, and had to resort to that to cure it.

OP
OP
BristolRoversfc

BristolRoversfc

Regular
Thanks for replies.
The smallest insert just about sits flush with the plastic clamp.
I have tried using both small and large together but no luck.
I might browse for a smaller mount but will have to make sure it fits the Garmin ok.
Other than that.....I think it will be a case of insulation tape wrapped around the bars to make a bigger diameter under the clamp.
Thanks again.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Were there no shims in the box? There were in mine although I don't think mine was a genuine G armin item. What size are your bars?

OP
OP
BristolRoversfc

BristolRoversfc

Regular
Hi.
Yes there was the smaller rubber insert which I think is fixed inside of the plastic mount,plus one larger insert.
Using both of them together and after tightening the screw is still too big for the handlebars.
The instructions say "If the handlebar diameter is 25.4 mm.use the thicker pad"
Obviously,my handlebars are smaller.
Ive just been out to the shed and carefully wrapped some black insulation tape around handlebars and it seems to have worked.The clamp has tightened and the the mount doesnt seem to move.
Not ideal but appears to have done the trick.
Many thanks for your help everyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BristolRoversfc

BristolRoversfc

Regular
Good idea Ajax.
Never thought of that:smile:

Top Bottom