Garmin edge plus accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

Über Member
Good afternoon, I've a garmin edge 1000 touring. I've also got cadence and speed sensor, both of these strap on with the rubber bands around the pedal arm and the rear wheel hub. These are currently on my mtb.

Now I'm hoping to get a road bike so I want to also use my garmin on that. Can i get and add another set of cadence and speed sensors and then the garmin will just pick them up with what ever bike I'm on or can I only use one set?

Or should I remove them from my mtb and just use them on my road bike and then just use the garmin on the mtb with no sensors?

Also thinking about a heart rate monitor. Now I know nothing about these so any information action and recommendations would be great.

You can pair any amount of Ant+ sensors you want. I've paired to different power meters/cadence meters on two different machines.

I also recently paired my garmin to both my old HR chest strap and watch whilst I was waiting for the replacement. The Tickr got good reviews but it is sold out everywhere so I went for one of these

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PNNMSGS/ref=cfb_at_prodpg
I've only used it a couple of times but I like its reassuring Beep on fitting :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You just copy a URL in nothing complicated. You can also hyperlink to a page by selecting insert link and pasting it into there :okay:

Think they were asking about how you linked your phone and Bluetooth HR chest strap, not how to use the forum.

I'm talking about getting my heart rate onto my garmin edge?
Thats not a hard pair either. It depends what device you have with the HRM on on the 1000 you just swipe the screen down, touch connecting to sensors and Add a sensor. Its been similar on my other edges but I needed to go into the menu manually. Dug out my 130 if you are wearing it asks you straight away if you want to add it. Alternatively in the Menu, you select Sensors, then Add Sensor

Top Bottom