Garmin Forerunner 235

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Has anybody else gone for the Garmin 235? I tried a 225 a few months back, and sent it back. I was frustrated at a few things it was missing, like smart notifications, a cycling mode, ability to broadcast heart rate data to other devices. Plus, I found it very hit and miss for heart rate during cycling, and think I gave myself Carpal Tunnel syndrome over-tightening the strap to try and get a reading.

So I was delighted when Garmin released the 235, which seems to address everything they really needed to! I was missing the 225, despite it's shortcomings. It's ridiculous I know, but I do find that these gadgets really help to increase my activity, when I know everything is being tracked, and am tracking calories burned on a constant basis.

I'm really pleased with the 235 so far. The heart rate monitor is fine so far, though I haven't used it for a ride or run yet, and have read reports that say it's not 100%, but then I'm not overly concerned about it having to be 100% accurate, I just want some idea of what I'm doing. I find the resting heart rate function very useful, I know a lot of the guys on here track there RHR on a long term basis (probably some without any gadgets), and find it a very useful early warning indicator.

Anyway, be interested to hear anybody else's feedback!

Top Bottom