Garmin GPX help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've just bought a Garmin Edge 705 and am now trying to work out how to download and use other people's rides.

I did a test, with a short loop from my house which I've just tried to follow on foot. The Garmin just kept trying to take me back to the end (or start) of the route. Does this always happen or am I missing something? Can amyone talk through how this normally works for them.

Thanks

Martin

I've not got a 705 but an older 305 to use somebody else's gpx you've got to import it to something like the Garmin 'Training Centre' and send it to your device.

I'm not quite sure what you are doing with the loop, the 305 navigates the path (follow the route IIRC) perhaps the 705 navigates the shortest route unless you tell it otherwise :wacko:

rh100

Can you use it as a track rather than a route (I've got a different garmin), on mine a route always goes as the crow flies, but a track follows the course. Not sure why but thats how mine works.

yello

The Garmin just kept trying to take me back to the end (or start) of the route. Does this always happen or am I missing something?

I think sarahpink had this, or a very similar problem, with her 705. I don't know if she resolved it but you could try searching the forum for the thread.

edit: found it!

Top Bottom