Garmin Gsc10 speed/cadence sensor issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've noticed in the last few days that my old speed/cadence sensor appears to be partially malfunctioning. The cadence part is ok but I can't get the speed side to work at all.

To date, I've tried resetting the sensor...both coloured lights flash but I can't make the speed sensor register even if I wave a separate magnet in front of it.

Can anyone suggest anything else? Aside from a new battery (discounted by cadence working), I'm stuck!

dim

£47 gets you brand new ones ....
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...df9tagrvraAtJ0QooefPwaAn8h8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

sounds like yours is an older version? If you do upgrade, make sure that it works with your Garmin though

I have had a GSC10 do exactly the same to me last week, tried new batteries,different magnet, no joy it is just old and knackered ,I am afraid at 5 years old I have had my money's worth. I have another, but tried using the newer separate speed and cadence sensors on my 800 ( I have a Garmin 1000 as well) but can only get it to connect to one or the other not both at the same time, which is annoying. So maybe its just broke!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have had a GSC10 do exactly the same to me last week, tried new batteries,different magnet, no joy it is just old and knackered ,I am afraid at 5 years old I have had my money's worth. I have another, but tried using the newer separate speed and cadence sensors on my 800 ( I have a Garmin 1000 as well) but can only get it to connect to one or the other not both at the same time, which is annoying. So maybe its just broke!
You need to change the settings I think, change from spd/cad to Speed and Cadence

Why? I assume the OP wants to use the GSC10 on his/her turbo, so GPS speed solution won't help. As ^^^^, replace battery as first action.
Its up to the OP but it gives better data IMO none of those stupid spikes from hovering on the pedals, its more easily transferable between bikes and its cheaper (think IIRC GSC10's were circa £50 when I last looked and my new separate was £20. The downside is it goes to sleep a bit more often and can take a few crank rotations to wake up (longer when the batteries need replacing).

Top Bottom