Garmin Heart Rate Strap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin S

Über Member
Hello all

My Garmin HR chest strap seems to have stopped working. It is a few years old but in good condition.

I have changed the battery but no luck. There is no obvious problem in the battery compartment and there is nothing else easily accessible.

Any ideas of something to check or is it time for a new strap?

Many thanks in advance for any ideas of things to have a look at.

C

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Moved to accessories ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
Hello all

My Garmin HR chest strap seems to have stopped working. It is a few years old but in good condition.

I have changed the battery but no luck. There is no obvious problem in the battery compartment and there is nothing else easily accessible.

C

You did well for it too last that long, buy a Polar strap the units fit.

lane

Veteran
Well that is new to me, my Polar strap has worked great for the last few years with the Garmin without any trimming.

Same here - when my garmin strap stopped working bought a polar one worked fine without trimming.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Hello all

C

Yep mine died, it was the premium soft strap HRM. Ended up buying the old plastic type which up till now works treat ! However looking to buy an ANT+ /BT one so I can pair with Apple Watch for runs as well as my garmin computer.

pclay

Veteran
Try shorting out the battery contacts within the sensor. Easily done by installing the battery backwards for about 10 seconds. Take it back out and re-install the battery the correct way.

Don’t ask how, but sometimes this works, and gets a Garmin HRM working again.

OP
OP
Colin S

Colin S

Über Member
Try shorting out the battery contacts within the sensor. Easily done by installing the battery backwards for about 10 seconds. Take it back out and re-install the battery the correct way.

Don’t ask how, but sometimes this works, and gets a Garmin HRM working again.

Thanks for the suggestion>
I tried but no luck

C

Top Bottom