Garmin mounts which ones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Looking to maybe buy one of these out front mounts for my garmin. K Edge seem dear at Wiggle but ebay has plethora of items, anyone taken a punt on the ebay copies ?

I have a Garmin Dakota 20. I bought a cheap (just £3.50) mount from E Bay. It have done nearly 200 miles on the road with the mount. So far so good.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Reason I`m asking is that the Garmin twist to connect/disconnect can wear the tabs off, had one do that before. Just wondered how the alu/plastic mounts were ?

shortone

I have the k-edge mark2 with the plastic insert instread of the metal tabs on both of my bikes and I know they are expensive but for me are worth the cost.

maltloaf

Delighted with my bar fly 2.0 and it's softish plastic rather than something that's going to put strain on the tabs.

vickster

Legendary Member
There's a review of them in this month's cycling plus. I think they said the SRAM one is best of those tested

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I've got a Sram one and it's perfect, simply no need to spend more £'s IMO.

I've got the K-Edge on one bike and a Garmin out front mount on the other. The K-Edge looks better IMO, mine has the metal tabs which scraped a bit if plastic off the Garmin with the first use but it's never got any worse and it still holds the Garmin rock solid.

Top Bottom