garmin problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stelencro

trying to load an os map into my garmin 1000 using a preloaded sd card bought from Amazon. it does not recognise it. I thought you just put it into your garmin and that was all you had to do

you have to go into maps in the settings and select the map you wish to use
should sort it for you

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Dont resist. My Garmin Touring has not been out since I bought my Wahoo Bolt. I use it every day and cannot make it go wrong. I havd just downloaded a 200km route into it in less than 10 seconds. Apart from the Etrex range. Garmin is in the dark ages compared to Wahoo.

broady

Veteran
Overall I think I prefer the 1000 over the wahoo elemnt.
The 1000 does have a few bugs in it, but the Wahoo isn't without issues either.

Dont resist. My Garmin Touring has not been out since I bought my Wahoo Bolt. I use it every day and cannot make it go wrong. I havd just downloaded a 200km route into it in less than 10 seconds. Apart from the Etrex range. Garmin is in the dark ages compared to Wahoo.
I have an 810 and its very temperamental. When its good, its very very good, when its bad, its horrid!

broady

Veteran
I've had a couple of rides fail to upload and another that only uploaded the first 10.8 miles.
You can't plug it into your computer to get the rides off that way, but the help team was pretty good though and resolved in the end.

I don't like how it doesn't guide you back to a route you are following if you miss a turn like it does on the garmin.
Garmin gives more detail on the screen for distance, temperature etc

But don't get me wrong, I am happy with the Wahoo still. I am also happy with my 510 that I've still got.
Tbf the 200 is still great at what it does too

broady

Veteran
I'd take the 200 over the touring though as I didn't like that at all, so you can't compare that to the wahoo elemnt or elemnt bolt imo

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I don't like how it doesn't guide you back to a route you are following if you miss a turn like it does on the garmin.
Garmin gives more detail on the screen for distance, temperature etc

I’d like to be clear about this to be sure I’ve understood you.

When using my Garmin 810 if I miss a turn the device will reroute or advise a U turn. Also, if like yesterday, I make an error in my route plan and ignore the directions when I get back on route the Garmin acknowledges this.

I’ve obviously read what you posted but just to be 100% the Wahoo range does not re route?

I’ve spent time researching these and hadn’t spotted this. If correct it seems like a very, very basic omission. A feature I would expect on any recent GPS navigation device and its abscence would wipe Wahoo off my list.

broady

Veteran
I’d like to be clear about this to be sure I’ve understood you.

When using my Garmin 810 if I miss a turn the device will reroute or advise a U turn. Also, if like yesterday, I make an error in my route plan and ignore the directions when I get back on route the Garmin acknowledges this.

I’ve obviously read what you posted but just to be 100% the Wahoo range does not re route?

I’ve spent time researching these and hadn’t spotted this. If correct it seems like a very, very basic omission. A feature I would expect on any recent GPS navigation device and its abscence would wipe Wahoo off my list.

It doesn't make you go back, so if you join back onto the route at a later point then it continues as normal. Mine doesn't route you back like my 1000 did

Top Bottom