Garmin touring power lead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If anyone has a Garmin Touring, can you tell me if the connection lead actually says Garmin on it. Im having trouble connecting and am thinking I have picked up the wrong lead.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a Garmin Edge 1000 and I think all those models have the same charger. This is a micro USB (same as Android phone)

see the type on the right of the attached pic

garmin-connections.jpg

pclay

Veteran
when i had a Garmin touring, i could never get a PC to recognize the unit. I had to remove the memory card to transfer files. That's why i got rid of it.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Any mini USB lead should work

I think it can cause problems with the transfer if it isnt the correct cable. Somebody else had the problem this week.

Does the correct lead have GARMIN on it?

I have had the Touring for ages and have not had trouble transferring files.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Mine doesnt say Garmin..... it does however have a ferrite bead round the cable to reduce EMI.

I've had "issues" with data connections when using cheaper non-shielded cables = As did @ColinJ a couple of weeks ago.... believed he resolved it by getting a "proper" Garmin cable.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think it can cause problems with the transfer if it isnt the correct cable. Somebody else had the problem this week.

Does the correct lead have GARMIN on it?

I have had the Touring for ages and have not had trouble transferring files.
I use any generic mini USB cable with my Touring and it works fine.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mine doesnt say Garmin..... it does however have a ferrite bead round the cable to reduce EMI.

I've had "issues" with data connections when using cheaper non-shielded cables = As did @ColinJ a couple of weeks ago.... believed he resolved it by getting a "proper" Garmin cable.
I did fix the problem using a new cable but it wasn't a Garmin one - it was this one, a cheap generic cable bought on eBay for 99p.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I have an 800 and despite charging through any lead, only two leads that I have allow transfer of data. The pc just wont see the Garmin if I don't use them...i suspect they are damaged somehow as they used to work

Top Bottom