Garmin Vector Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon Head

Does anybody know the difference between Garmin Vector 2 and Vector 3 pedals? To me it looks like the Vector 2 is a similar shape to a Look pedal whilst the Vector 3 is more like the Shimano. Am I correct?

si_c

Guru
Does anybody know the difference between Garmin Vector 2 and Vector 3 pedals? To me it looks like the Vector 2 is a similar shape to a Look pedal whilst the Vector 3 is more like the Shimano. Am I correct?

Vector 3 has cleaner lines, the pods that are on the inside of the Vector 2s are no longer there. Both use Look type cleats AFAIUI. Also beware some potential compatibility issues with non-garmin head units at present, although should be fixed in a firmware update sooner or later.

si_c

Guru
The trouble is no shops have the Vector 3 in yet! But thanks for your comments si_c

I don't think there is much difference between them other than the Pods now being integrated. The cleats are all Look type cleats rather than SPD-SL, the rest of the changes are all cosmetic.

OP
OP
Simon Head

Simon Head

Got them yesterday but am unsure of what I ought to be displaying?
I thought that the power generated by the left side and right side could be displayed for a set period, in a downward and raise direction. All of this would be displayed individually with a total power output for a given time also displayed. Is it possible to display these?

User269

Have you thought of reading the instructions? ^_^

Perhaps try the garmin vector 3 forum?

Exit stage left mumbling "you spent £850 on something you weren't quite sure about what it was, and now you've got it you still don't know what it does."

OP
OP
Simon Head

Simon Head

Whiskywheels,
Thanks for the Garmin link. I did look at the instructions and they said to bolts the pedals on then "Add Sensor" on Edge 1000 rotate pedals and that is all. I expected to see all the pedal power info and hoped it would help me train my right leg to be as strong as my left. That's the whole point of them isn't it, to make pedalling forces more visual therefore helping you to balance your pedal power better?
My right quad and calf were tiny after my motorbike crash.

Top Bottom