Garmin Vivosmart 3 vs Vivosmart HR+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a watch that will measure my heart beats, hill/mountain walking, turbo training and am wondering which of the above would be ideal for me?

At the moment I'm leaning towards the the Vivosmart HR+ because it has GPS so will record the walking route over the hills but am not entirely sure if the Vivosmart 3 will do this?

Any pros and cons welcomed.

Thanks

RickB

professional procrastinator
I know you only wanted advice regarding the Garmin products. I previously had a vivoactive which was good enough but just last week took delivery or a Xiaomi Amazfit Pace watch for 86 quid. Does heart rate and GPS for a fraction of the price of similar watches. Very well made too. I have a Xiaomi phone too which is a quality item. Warranty coverage could be interesting though should something to wrong!

nickAKA

Über Member
The HR+ is probably a much better buy for the money if you consider the GPS as a useful extra. For similar features / an upgrade you'd need to buy the vivoactive HR for an extra £70+ so that represents really good value. Looks like a fitbit though, that would be a matter of taste...

I've got the old vivoactive, bought on ebay for £55, and it's been stunning for the money - paired it with a £30 HRM strap from decathlon and garmin speed & cadence sensors and it does everything I need and more, so I'd probably be more tempted to splash out on the new vivoactive IIH.

Top Bottom