Garmin withdrawing support for Windows XP :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Yeah I think
That sounds like compatibility mode, not the same thing?

Virtual XP Mode has to be downloaded first and then configured like normal XP.

You may then be able to launch programs into the environment once it is setup, I haven't noticed that functionality but that's not to say it isn't there.

We use virtual XP Mode on a couple of our post lot rework systems at work (pharma packaging line)/
That sounds like compatibility mode, not the same thing?

Virtual XP Mode has to be downloaded first and then configured like normal XP.

You may then be able to launch programs into the environment once it is setup, I haven't noticed that functionality but that's not to say it isn't there.

We use virtual XP Mode on a couple of our post lot rework systems at work (pharma packaging line)

Actually I think you are right. Perhaps I am confusing it with windows 2003 virtual mode when using a windows 2008 system?

mustang1

Guru
They couldn't call it windows 9 because they realized that when some scripts check to see what OS you are running when accessing a website & check for 9* as in 98 and 95 so if they called it windows 9 it would get mixed up for those instead, but they only realized at the last minute when someone pointed it out to them :banghead:

As far as I know it will be released as Windows 10 and is supposed to be on Jan 21st.
Ha too funny!

Top Bottom