Garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluezelos

What a pathetic outfit, or is it just me.

Just spent short of £200 on eBay for a Edge 820 Explore, supposedly new, but that is open to debate. Got it up and working finally, tried to download an app, kept getting error message on the data fields, nothing on the internet like a dummy guide on how to download the apps.

Went on a ride today, seemed to work ok, saved the ride, can't upload the ride through bluetooth or using garmin express on my computer. Can't even log in to the forum to vent my spleen, put my email address and password but doesn't log me in, so you guys and gals are bearing the brunt of my ire.

Are these the worst company in the world or is it just me?

vickster

Legendary Member
Send it back to the seller for a refund (Garmin support is very good but not necessarily if a poorly second hand unit)

Online help here
https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?productID=543199&tab=topics

OP
OP
bluezelos

bluezelos

vickster, can't be bothered with the rigmarole of sending it back, buyer will probably say it's unused anyway.

I have found out how to upload rides, it was a setting on garmin connect app. I have been reading up on the apps and data fields and it appears they drain the battery anyway, I will probably just use it for what it was designed for, showing my speed, distance, elevation etc..and making routes. I may have been a bit hasty slagging them off :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
vickster, can't be bothered with the rigmarole of sending it back, buyer will probably say it's unused anyway.

I have found out how to upload rides, it was a setting on garmin connect app. I have been reading up on the apps and data fields and it appears they drain the battery anyway, I will probably just use it for what it was designed for, showing my speed, distance, elevation etc..and making routes. I may have been a bit hasty slagging them off :blush:
If bought online, the seller is obliged to take back under DSR no?

Tenkaykev

Guru
I will be buying the Wahoo Roam soon and may sell my Wahoo Bolt. ^_^

I'm currently using my hand me down Garmin Edge touring. The on off button is a bit temperamental. I was going to buy a Wahoo bolt but have been holding off as I'd read that a new model was coming.
I read DCRainmakers review of the new Roam and I'm underwhelmed.
Probably carry on until the Garmin dies and see what's available then.

yello

I read DCRainmakers review of the new Roam and I'm underwhelmed. Probably carry on until the Garmin dies and see what's available then.

I know that feeling. I've been using an Edge 305 for over 10 years whilst keeping an eye on the new products in the market. Fortunately, my 305 is still working because I haven't yet been tempted by anything else. And, in honesty, I've stopped looking.

Garmin et al. add new whizzo features that add to the cost and don't overly interest me. I'm interested in solid core functionality and battery life without the add-ons. It was one of the Wahoo units that came closest to interesting me but reviews hinted at reliability issues.

Top Bottom