Gasket Sealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hello knowledgeable folks.

I think the gasket between the carburettor and the cylinder block on my two stroke engine may be leaking. That bit gets fairly hot. I don't think I can source a new gasket as the engine is no longer "supported". So does anyone have a recommended hot gasket sealer for this situation?

TIA

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hello knowledgeable folks.

I think the gasket between the carburettor and the cylinder block on my two stroke engine may be leaking. That bit gets fairly hot. I don't think I can source a new gasket as the engine is no longer "supported". So does anyone have a recommended hot gasket sealer for this situation?

TIA
What's the engine?

Stompier

Looking online, the OEM part looks like a composite gasket, so it's probably worth replacing it with a new one. The gasket shape looks quite complex to replace with a silicon sealant or jointing compound without making a mess.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
It's a chainsaw one. Jonsered CS2137 Not sure how I can extract engine details from that.

I've just been googling and gaskets are available for the CS2137 but before I spend even more dosh on this thing I'd like to do a cheap sealant type job first to see if that solves the problem.
Plain cardboard gasket smeared with grease would do the job.
Cut one out of a Cornflake packet.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Do you think he could get away with a Rice Crispie packet gasket?
Even better. It will restore the snap, crackle and pop to his 2 stroke. :okay:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
This should do it for a fiver from Euro Cat Parts:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191215-162613.png
    Screenshot_20191215-162613.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom