Gaz down in Streatham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I see why you wear a camera Gaz. :smile:

szygy

While it is wise and desirable to try and predict the stupidity and poor driving/cycling/walking of others, it does seem silly trying to reduce an analysis of this complex incident to a simple ratio of blame. I think the driver was fully at fault, but that some foresight may have helped avoid or reduce the impact speed.
Gaz, regarding your frame, I would get it ultrasound tested to check its OK. To be honest I would not feel happy to sell that frame if it were mine, but might well be tempted to ride it. Would you sell it as OK, if not then get a new one on their insurance.

Gaz I hope your OK healthwise and no further injury has developed.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Gaz - only just saw this thread. I haven't read the entire 17 pages, but I hope the medical, legal, etc. issues work out fine for you :smile:. Hope you got it all on your helmet-camera :evil:.

I always hate to read about fellow cyclists (on this forum or the BV forum) coming a cropper on the roads, because I'm painfully aware that if I let my guard down I could be the next one :sad:. That tends to make it more personal.

All the best,

--- Victor.

Jezston

Über Member
Saw this thread and thought for a moment oh no it's happened again!

Glad to hear it's good news rather than bad :smile:

suecsi

+1 - I joined Cyclechat after the original incident, and was worried for a while there when this popped back up! Gaz and his website have been such a great learning tool for someone coming back to cycling and having to commute in urban areas.

Night Train

Maker of Things
That's good news that it was properly resolved. :smile:

The only bummer, from a purely personal perspective, is that the fine and points were the same as given to the driver that killed my brother 20 years ago.

Adasta

Well done, Gaz.

I think you should write a post/make a blog entry chronicalling the whole thing. Particular attention should be focused on how you made the claim because I think the legal process can vex a lot of injured cyclists.

Top Bottom