gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephen.rooke

my sisters bought a bike from tesco :wacko:

has a couple of problems, 1st being a buckled front wheel which i can easily fix.

the others is the gears, its a tripple setup with gripshifts. ive had a go trying to set it up properly. obviously has problems with cross chaining but set it so the gears shell use the most are quiet.

the problem im having is the big ring on the front, it wouldn't engage so i adjusted the deraillure and now when you turn the gripshift it goes too far and the chain comes off, if i turn the screw slightly to reduce the travel it doesnt engage again. i had no problems adjusting my triban but this is confusing lol. im not very experienced with bike mechanics apart from what i have taught myself.

ive suggested getting it serviced at the lbs wanted another go at it first, is there anything i should be looking at.

i loostened off the cable to set it up with no tension running smooth, then reattached and adjusted the screw when on the big ring to stop the travel going too far

what am i missing on this :biggrin:

jim55

Guru
set the limit screw so its not gona let the chain come too far across the ring and then no matter how much you twist the selector it wont go past that point

OP
OP
stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke

tried that but then it wouldnt go far enough to enagage, ill give it ago tomorrow, was tired when i tried last time :d

Top Bottom