Gears!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

Not perhaps quite the same, but almost.

If you were blind, and had no fingers do you couldn't feel the levers then you wouldn't know the difference.

Ok, you'd fall off a lot as well, but y'dig?

But there would be the slicky-slacky-whippy-slappy drag of the chain in the derailleur. Posh as you like, every derailleur produces it.

And you wouldn't have that almost imperceptible (to others) feeling of smugness that comes with riding fixed or single-speed.

And you'd miss out on knowing that as other riders saw the absence of gear choice and their eyes assumed a serious aspect, they'd silently say "Respect".

At least, I think that's what they'd say.

Without wanting to appear any more self-contradictory than I already am, Gears? Schmears!

tyred

Legendary Member
Wait to you try a Rohloff hub and find out you can change gear whilst stationary and each and every gear change is sequential, none of this up on at the front, down one at the back to get back to where you where when you started... and you get the chain life/teeth life and advantages of a fixed...:rolleyes:

Absolutely, I'm a huge fan of hub gears but I make do with just three gears as I don't want to sell my granny to buy a hub.

Top Bottom