Gears?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
She is a lovely ride and very stunning in the flesh too, turned lots of heads

However, I did not attempt the hill as the gears need adjustment and having peered at the instructions (the email did say they might need adjusting after her trip from the Netherlands) I have no clue so I shall have to find a person what know about them to do it :sad:

Here are some photos of her

IMGP2207.JPG
IMGP2214.JPG
IMGP2241.JPG

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Oh and as you can see from the photo the trailer hitch was not an issue at all BUT I can potentially see a problem if I upgrade to wee hoo unless I grow a few inches!

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Very very nice @Puddles :thumbsup:
Do get the gears adjusted, try the hill :hyper:
I adjusted the gears and in trying to find the "window" aaaargh, had to remove the back wheel, now I cannot get the wheel back on true, I have managed to mangle to two back wheels nuts and now the brakes are permanently on

I am going to sit in a corner and cry now

The nice repair man has a 2-3 week waiting list unless I can get the bike to him which obviously I bloody can't so at the moment I hate the bike, hate hubby's work for swapping his rest days and being 'kin annoying so now he is working for the next 12 days and generally hate the world and myself for being so bloody useless too

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Post a help request in the know how section: there must be a kind, mechanically minded, CC member near you. Pay him/her with lots of cake :hungry:
Take action, hating yourself is no use. Anyhow, a good cyclist likes a good tinkering with his/her machine :biggrin:

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Not with a bored 3 year old helping @Pat "5mph" I have now found a nice mobile man who is coming first thing Wednesday morning, he shall check I have managed to set the gears properly he will put the wheel back on straight, and sort the brakes out and show me how to do it all easiest/quickest/best way, he will leave me a list of tools I will need. That way I will know what is should feel/look like and will know how to do it all in the future and he will do all that for £20 at my house :laugh: I think making him wet his pants laughing on the phone might have swayed matters.

He also does lessons so am going to see if he will give the eldest a few lessons (one of those he does not listen properly to Me/Papa/Dad) on bike maintenance for his bike.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

How's it going @Puddles, have you fixed yet? Have you ridden it up a REALLY BIG hill yet?

No she has special nuts and I had (as I told the man) cross threaded one, but it was not a standard so there is one on special order I am impatiently waiting.

Dutchie is also nicely sending a spare nut and also a new back light as the wire was not connected, so the bikey fixey man told me

Sara_H

Guru
No she has special nuts and I had (as I told the man) cross threaded one, but it was not a standard so there is one on special order I am impatiently waiting.

Dutchie is also nicely sending a spare nut and also a new back light as the wire was not connected, so the bikey fixey man told me
Bah! I'm inpatient for you do a test ride up a really big long hill on my behalf!

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

The delivery usually arrives with the nice bikey fixey man at 10.30 we are awaiting with baited breath to see if the "Special nut" is on it, if it is he is coming late this afternoon, if it is not I shall throw a tantrum

tumblr_m381yaDcxX1r2jlpco2_250.gif

Top Bottom