Gears?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I got a reply from Dutchie on the bike trailer hitch, I asked them if it would fit & sent them a link to a hitch tis not helpful :sad:

We cannot say for certain I’m as it is not something we stock or sell, but you would be unlucky in general to find accessories that are not compatible with our bikes.
Best regards
Dutchie Bicycles
www.dutchie.co.uk

GrasB

Veteran
He means that when you get to 35mph the light is not bright enough to see by. I have a 60lux cyo and I'd agree. From about 5mph you get a decent light, below that it gets a little stroby.
^^ this... though the smaller the wheels the lower the speed that the strobyness stops at.

It's not ever never not never not know how going to happen for me, ever at all - nope!
That was my point... 35mph before the light isn't good enough will make it more than good enough for most utility cyclists.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

^^ this

That was my point... 35mph before the light isn't good enough will make it more than good enough for most utility cyclists.

Oh I like that "Utility cyclist" excellent now I can say I am a utility cyclist ^_^

So we have a tick for the lights just an unclear on the trailer :sad:

Sara_H

Guru
I got a reply from Dutchie on the bike trailer hitch, I asked them if it would fit & sent them a link to a hitch tis not helpful :sad:

I made an enquiry to Dutchie a while back about something to do with gears and received a similarly vague unhelpful reply.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I think, girls, you need to find a shop that actually stocks the model you like, ask your questions.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mr_H has taken umbridge to my current bike buying plan as it has standard side pull brakes - he hates them with a vengence - it may have caused a teeny argument the other night!
First ride in the wet today: better response than rim brakes, no black brake pad residue to clean :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Let us know what you end up with in due course (you said something about filling the piggy bank first...............can't you just raid Squidge's & Maggot's and pop in an IOU).

I am ending up with a Dutchie 8 speed tis all ordered today... I did not need to raid piggy banks, my Daddy has been nice and is buying it for me for christmas & birthday presents, or as he said "because I can" and then when I protested said "fine we shall call it christmas & birthday then come early"

I is so excited I could pee my pants ^_^

Tim Hall

This statement matches your user name rather closely.

Sara_H

Guru
I am ending up with a Dutchie 8 speed tis all ordered today... I did not need to raid piggy banks, my Daddy has been nice and is buying it for me for christmas & birthday presents, or as he said "because I can" and then when I protested said "fine we shall call it christmas & birthday then come early"

Awww @Puddles, I'm so jealous. I rather fancied a Dutchie, but not convinced that the gears will get me up my big hill. Let me know how you get on with it.

Sara_H

Guru
I shall tis all very exciting indeed, I am waiting impatiently for the email that tells me it is being despatched & when exactly it will be delivered...

Well, when it arrives I expect you to immediately ride up the biggest hill you can find and then report back :bicycle:

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Well, when it arrives I expect you to immediately ride up the biggest hill you can find and then report back :bicycle:

I shall :laugh: I will go straight down the village and attempt to ride up Green Lane from the Quay (it is very very very steep & I have not managed it yet on the 6 speed !
elevation_graph(1).png

Top Bottom