Gears?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
If you live anywhere in or around Salisbury, Winchester, Southampton and Bournemouth you need to use

This lovely Bikey Fixey Man from Urge. :wub:

Big Bertha is all fixed and sorted and even though he had to special order a nut AND come back twice he still insisted on sticking to the original £25 he said it would cost to sort it all out!

He now is on speed dial on my phone and is coming back at a later date to put on the new back light when it arrives from Dutchie and also is going to give my 8 year old an hour long lesson on how to maintain his bicycle and also give said Son's bike an MOT all for £40 :eek:

I shall be attempting the big hill tomorrow! ^_^

Sara_H

Guru
If you live anywhere in or around Salisbury, Winchester, Southampton and Bournemouth you need to use

This lovely Bikey Fixey Man from Urge. :wub:

Big Bertha is all fixed and sorted and even though he had to special order a nut AND come back twice he still insisted on sticking to the original £25 he said it would cost to sort it all out!

He now is on speed dial on my phone and is coming back at a later date to put on the new back light when it arrives from Dutchie and also is going to give my 8 year old an hour long lesson on how to maintain his bicycle and also give said Son's bike an MOT all for £40 :eek:

I shall be attempting the big hill tomorrow! ^_^
Wooohoooooooooooo! :hyper:

Cant wait for the hill report! Its got to be a REALLY BIG LONG hill!

Last edited:

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
My breath has hardly ever been more bated. Hurry up, I need some oxygen :tongue::tongue:

Well, actually, I've just woken up from a kip after being up for over 3 hours during the night :hyper: but I'd still like to know

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Big Bertha isn't half graceful for a big girl! She performed beautifully, down the cobble slope to the river her braking is magnificent there was not the slightest doubt in my mind that she could come to a full stop (Unlike the old heap which I was quite convinced would one day allow me to sail down the steep part of the hill and straight down the slip way into the sea!)

Uphill THE hill, that I have never ever not never not ever ever ever ever been able to cycle up I managed I won't say I managed it with any decorum or grace and I was a tad moist at the end but her gears work perfectly and changing gear on the way up is so easy too with the hub thingy wotsit.

The only down side is I wanted to smack some lady up the side of her head, when the man with her made some appreciative comment of my "uphill action" and she said don't be silly look it has keys it is one of those electric bikes!

I managed to not shout no it 'kin doesn't its the lock those keys are attached to, I say managed, alright after the hill I was catching my breath :shy:

Sara_H

Guru
Big Bertha isn't half graceful for a big girl! She performed beautifully, down the cobble slope to the river her braking is magnificent there was not the slightest doubt in my mind that she could come to a full stop (Unlike the old heap which I was quite convinced would one day allow me to sail down the steep part of the hill and straight down the slip way into the sea!)

Uphill THE hill, that I have never ever not never not ever ever ever ever been able to cycle up I managed I won't say I managed it with any decorum or grace and I was a tad moist at the end but her gears work perfectly and changing gear on the way up is so easy too with the hub thingy wotsit.

The only down side is I wanted to smack some lady up the side of her head, when the man with her made some appreciative comment of my "uphill action" and she said don't be silly look it has keys it is one of those electric bikes!

I managed to not shout no it 'kin doesn't its the lock those keys are attached to, I say managed, alright after the hill I was catching my breath :shy:
Hmmm. Thank you for your report. You've made me think now.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member

Yay! Go girl!!! :cheers:

Top Bottom