'Gels'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Disgruntled Goat said:
These 'wheel' things. What are they all about then? Made of rubber I hazard, go round and round. Go flat occasionally.

Theres metal in there too - your head.

John the Monkey said:
They're like a posh version of Girls, innit.

Damn, beaten to it. For what it's worth, I live next door to a 6th form gel's school:tongue:.

domtyler said:
. . . and are very quick and easy to consume while riding and more importantly they are easy on the stomach unlike solid food.

Indeed! No knife and fork required!

Monkey Boy said:
If you talk to Cathryn....they have the consistency of lumpy sp*nk!! Still find it hard to swallow those things since she mentioned it

I'm not sure, though, if Cathryn swallows or spits! :biggrin:

Monkey Boy

.....come to think of it....could have been Kirsty and not Cathryn; in which case a billion apo-logies to Cathryn!!! Did not mean to tarnish your fine character (much)

Monkey Boy said:
.....come to think of it....could have been Kirsty and not Cathryn; in which case a billion apo-logies to Cathryn!!! Did not mean to tarnish your fine character (much)

Yes it was me, not Cathryn, old potty-mouth here...

The best tasting gel BY FAR is the torq cherry yoghurt flavour, the one with the best kick is SIS Smart1 - tis rocket fuel. But yes, the consistency...hm.

Monkey Boy

....and meant to type Kirstie and not Kirsty!! Oops. Here, have a sticky custard slice as a token of my sorrynessness. Weird that I made that mistake as I named my daughter Katy (not Katie).

mondobongo

Über Member
The SiS Smart 1 is indeed rocket fuel. Powerbar's Green Apple with Caffeine is also rather good if you can deal with the consistency.

Was not so impressed with the Torq gels did not feel like I got anything from them. Have been impressed with the Carb Boom gels from Harris active Linky they also do a powdered energy drink called Hydro Boom which is also good.

I semi agree with you about the torq gels. Half the pleasure of eating them is the fact that they taste nice and have an OK consistency. I do seem to be able to continue after having one but not with the added oomph you get from a Smart 1. I agree that the powerbar PVA-glue-with-caffeine ones also give a really good kick. I tried one on my recent tour and the world seemed sharper and brighter instantly. It was quite noticeable.

gavintc

Guru
Kirstie said:
I semi agree with you about the torq gels. Half the pleasure of eating them is the fact that they taste nice and have an OK consistency. I do seem to be able to continue after having one but not with the added oomph you get from a Smart 1. I agree that the powerbar PVA-glue-with-caffeine ones also give a really good kick. I tried one on my recent tour and the world seemed sharper and brighter instantly. It was quite noticeable.

Of all the gels I have used, I prefer the powerbar with caffeine ones. They are a bit sticky and if you are not careful you can end up with sticky fingers, STIs, bars etc. But, I can certainly feel that boost shortly after taking one. I usually carry a couple on a sportive to be taken when I am really hurting and the hill seem endless.

gavintc said:
Of all the gels I have used, I prefer the powerbar with caffeine ones. They are a bit sticky and if you are not careful you can end up with sticky fingers, STIs, bars etc. But, I can certainly feel that boost shortly after taking one. I usually carry a couple on a sportive to be taken when I am really hurting and the hill seem endless.

I managed to get torq gel all over my phone cos I put the empty wrapper in my pocket and it's not quite been the same since...

Top Bottom