'Gels'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Kirstie said:
I managed to get torq gel all over my phone cos I put the empty wrapper in my pocket and it's not quite been the same since...

Yes, the 'empty' wrapper is a nightmare. My pocket is always a horrid sticky mess at the end of gel enhanced ride. I try to keep one pocket for gels only but I have had the sticky £10 note before now but thankfully no sticky phone. :biggrin:

Charlotte_C+ :-)

I always feel sick if i eat before or while exercising, so i tried the SIS gels, but thought the consistency & taste was disgusting!:wahhey:

So id rather just eat a small piece of good old chocolate or a bit of malt loaf for energy instead, plus its a lot cheaper!:bravo::bicycle:

Twiggy

Monkey Boy said:
...they have the consistency of lumpy sp*nk!! Still find it hard to swallow those things since she mentioned it...

Best way to clear it from your mouth would be to swallow, in the case of either fluid being in your mouth and uncomfortable.
:blush:

Plus spitting can net you a nasty fine if you do it in public.

Personally I find gels just a bit, useless, I prefer to really stock up before a ride, then fill my face afterwards. Keeps me awake too, falling asleep after a ride = bad.

Renard

I think they only really have a place if you are racing or doing a hard training run when normal food is out of the question. You should 'road test' them first though to see which ones agree with you.

JohnRedcoRn

i also heard these gels taste something like fruit flavoured man-custard. got a free one in cumbria on sat (gel) and having had this idea put into my head couldnt bring myself to use it for fear of being sick.

Top Bottom