Genesis 2016 bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
image.jpeg
Better colour scheme... ;)

OP
OP
T

totem

Total Newb, but eager to learn
Testride them, don't just look at them :smile:

For me, equilibrium, but I'm biased. Can't help on the tyres, I've only had 25s and now 23s on mine with SKS chromoplastic mudguards (I do find toe overlap an issue, riding a fairly small frame for my height and foot size)
Can I ask why, and would that be the disc version?

*I've also seen the equilibrium disc 20 version going for £865
**anyone used Swinnerton cycles or know of them?

OP
OP
T

totem

Total Newb, but eager to learn
View attachment 142233 Better colour scheme... ;)

Nice.

I see both you and @User both have somehting similar to the equilibrium decade 2016. I still might consdider that, especially because of the included extras. The only thing holding me back was the tyre clearance and brakes. How are the rim brakes on them, still stock?

As you say I will look at them all in person and test ride if possible.

vickster

Legendary Member
None of my bike is stock, built from the frame. It's a 2013 20 frameset so Reynolds 725 steel. Brakes are fine, not a wet weather cyclist though. I have cross lever brakes too as I find them safer in traffic. For an all weather commuter I'd go for mechanical discs with cross levers

Look at freeborn for a big range, in Horsham so easy enough to get to from London. Not used them but @GrumpyGregry says they are a v good LBS

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks better :smile: but that's for my needs as more of a tourer than commuter. I have other bikes for that :blush:

You must go ride. LBW a good shop but dk if they let you take the bikes out on the roads. Evans are best IMO for no obligation on road tests

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
View attachment 142233 Better colour scheme... ;)
That is the best colour scheme.

Top Bottom