Genesis Croix de Fer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Unless you're a top athlete, and every gramme counts, there really won't be a significant difference between discs and rim brakes.

Completely agree that the advantages of the discs far outweigh the minuscule weight gain, but the 25lb CdeF loaded with kilos of panniers will be slower than a standard road bike when commuting. But it is a fantastically comfortable workhorse. A colleague is so taken with his discs on his CdeF that he is going for the Planet X dirty disco carbon CX bike as his fast summer road bike instead of a true road machine. He'll be able to take it off road too

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Out on mine today (CdeF). Wind brutal from SW, 26 miles and 650m+ of ascent. Perhaps should have taken it a bit easier, but it was snowing yesterday so stayed in and by this morning I was stir crazy. I suspect the other bike has seen it's last outing until spring at this rate. I guess it'll be "the white one" from here on in:wacko:

theloafer

Legendary Member
Saw somebody on CS7 last night on a CDF. He was doing a good lick on it, the added weight of discs didn't slow this particular bloke down, and he could stop well at the lights. I am tempted by a disc braked drop bar.

go on you know you want to scouser..:laugh: like one of these brenda 003.jpg

Top Bottom