Genesis Equilibrium 20 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I still haven't done very much on it. I've been tootering about getting pedals and fitting mudguards. However I just don't think the sizing chart is right. According to the chart standover height at 815mm is 4 cm more than on my tarmac. Genesis quotes standover height as the most important figure in deciding size. I'm not showing a great deal of seatpost, but so far it certainly feels like it fits better and is more comfortable than my tarmac. That was the intention, I wanted something more comfortable for audaxes and long distances.

With bike sizing it's the top tube length that I take the most notice of. For me around 53.5 on the top tube is usually right.

Boon 51

Veteran
They list a 2017 20 disc at £1199 or the 2018 normal brake a £1399..(in White )

henryb

I have one of those and it's even more beautiful in the flesh, and great fun to ride of course (I was trying to get the Equilibrium 10 through our Cycle to Work scheme but they couldn't get hold of one, so I asked if they could do me a deal on the Equilibrium 20 and they gave it to me for the cost of the '10'! - Even better is that it feels like under £600 because it's through the Cycle to Work scheme!)

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Lovely, but I prefer the rim brake one in white.

I ride a Titanium Van Nicholas Yukon, if I hadn't treated my self to my forever bike then I'd be more than happy with a Equilibrium 20, for me it's a steel version of mine and a cracking bike; although I'd like to see 50/34 with a longer cage mech' and 34t sprocket. When my 30 year old steel fixie finally retires I rather like the Flyer, effectively an Equilibrium Fixie.

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
I bought the 2016 frame and did a custom build - lovely bike.

39728147474_d7826c72af.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5176400, member: 43827"]I love my Equilibrium and looking at this thread I was wondering what practical or ride difference a through-axle would make. Are they starting to get widely used on road bikes?

View attachment 399080 [/QUOTE]
Reasonably so on disc braked bikes

D

Deleted member 1258

I ride a Titanium Van Nicholas Yukon, if I hadn't treated my self to my forever bike then I'd be more than happy with a Equilibrium 20, for me it's a steel version of mine and a cracking bike; although I'd like to see 50/34 with a longer cage mech' and 34t sprocket. When my 30 year old steel fixie finally retires I rather like the Flyer, effectively an Equilibrium Fixie.

This is me on my 2015 flyer, fixed with 44 x 18 and 165 cranks, my winter bike.

Starley Sportive.jpg

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
[QUOTE 5176400, member: 43827"]I love my Equilibrium and looking at this thread I was wondering what practical or ride difference a through-axle would make. Are they starting to get widely used on road bikes?

View attachment 399080 [/QUOTE]

The majority of disc braked bikes once you get out of around12-1300 territory have TA's front and rear although a few are still clinging to TA front and QR rear on alloy bikes. Curiously Genesis persist with a TA rear on their Datums which are carbon frames. Not sure why.

Brilliant things - I find them no slower than a QR to use. Maybe quicker. Plus once you've tightened them up it is super easy to shift the lever to pretty much whatever position floats your boat and most importantly the wheel goes back in the same alignment position with the discs every time.

Top Bottom