Genesis make a wrong 'un

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
FWIW, Genesis have been racing for a while now as Madison Genesis and they were/are racing on their rather lush Volare 953 frame, plus their carbon race frame is called Zero isn't it?
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Volare. Gorgeous bike.

outlash

also available in orange
Yeah, that half stainless-half painted scheme works superbly. But Genesis do have an eye for colour anyway, most of their bikes are lookers IMO.

Wafer

Veteran
Looking at it again, I think the white frameset looks decent enough but the black doesn't really work for me. I think it looks a hell of a lot better than that new Cannondale Slate with the lefty fork regardless, that's too different for me.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Looking at it again, I think the white frameset looks decent enough but the black doesn't really work for me. I think it looks a hell of a lot better than that new Cannondale Slate with the lefty fork regardless, that's too different for me.
Im with you on the cannondale, it looks hideous

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Theres just something wrong with just one fork stansion

I remember there used be a chap who road a Cannondale MTB on our local group rides, probably about 9 or 10 years ago. Looked odd then, looks odd now.

outlash

also available in orange
Yeah it's no looker either, and I like my Cannodnales. At least they're trying something different and not making another crosser and labelling it a gravel bike.

KneesUp

Guru
Carbon and off-road isn't a great-soundng mix to me - especially when you're a company know for it's steel.

It's fugly, but I guess their market-research shows it will sell. Blame the punters.

I'm with the OP - it's one ugly bike. Would still be interested to ride one though. I can see how it makes sense as an addition to the Genesis range because until now they haven't really done an off-road flier (the CdF is a bike built for all terrains, but not a bike you'd associate with lightweight speed on all terrains). But overall I'm not sure I get the point of 'gravel' bikes for the British market - how are they really different from/better than a good carbon CX like the Trek Crockett range, Boardman Elite CXRs etc?

mustang1

Legendary Member
Don't like the top tube slant.
Don't like that the point from start if stem to end of hoods is about half the length if nthe top tube.
Very hyena-like in profile.
Dull colour which looks particularly dull on this bike.
What is it about hyenas? Everything about hyenas is ugly. The way they look, the noise they make. This bike sucks.
Actually, taking another look at it, its not that bad. Probably won't make my top 100 though

Top Bottom