Genesis make a wrong 'un

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Memarkyb

Looks are subjective but I think it looks great, even with the 105 hydraulics.

I would say that, I've pre-ordered one.

Genesis definitely don't call it a gravel bike though, more road+. For me that is perfect, I currently commute 40 miles on a Croix de Fer, which is great, but a couple of times a week I want to meet up with the road club, when I get home, for a spin. The CdF puts me at a bit too much of a weight disadvantage but I really need the fatter tyres to put up with shitty commute roads.

So something like this, or that Specialized thing, or the GT Grade looks just the job, and the Genesis is definitely the better looking, and better detailed one of those three.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern

Genesis definitely don't call it a gravel bike though, more road+. For me that is perfect, I currently commute 40 miles on a Croix de Fer, which is great, but a couple of times a week I want to meet up with the road club, when I get home, for a spin. The CdF puts me at a bit too much of a weight disadvantage but I really need the fatter tyres to put up with shitty commute roads.

So something like this, or that Specialized thing, or the GT Grade looks just the job, and the Genesis is definitely the better looking, and better detailed one of those three.
Cool, let us know how it compares with the Croix :okay:

For a bike of that kind, I think it looks spot on in the red paint job.

Not sure I'd feel like I was getting value for money paying £1,800 for that model though when it comes with the same groupset and wheelset that I got on my Equilibrium for £1,100 (and could now get for £900 in the sales).

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Carbon and off-road isn't a great-soundng mix to me

Nothing wrong with carbon off-road - as plenty of CX racers will tell you.

I like the Datum, but I much prefer the sexy two-tone red colour scheme of the basic model (10) rather than the stealth black of the top end model (30).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nothing wrong with carbon off-road - as plenty of CX racers will tell you.

I like the Datum, but I much prefer the sexy two-tone red colour scheme of the basic model (10) rather than the stealth black of the top end model (30).
The black one is the 20 (105), also the frameset's that colour. The 30 (Ultegra Di2) is white.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The black one is the 20 (105), also the frameset's that colour. The 30 (Ultegra Di2) is white.

Ah. Thanks. I thought the 20 and 30 were the other way round, colour-wise, but I was going purely on (faulty) memory.

The 10 (red) is the best looking one, either way.

OK someone had to do it....

In my opinion it was:

iu

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I think it looks 'modern!'

I don't really like Genesis bikes though, they're all too heavy for the price. Unless they're just being honest while others manufacturers aren't...

How do you manage a 40 mile commute, mine is 35 a day and I can barely do 3 days a week! let alone any more!

Top Bottom