Gentle off-Road Routes for a beginner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz Vickers

Seeing as i have decided on getting a Mountain Bike, Albeit a very cheap 2nd hand one..... Does anyone know of any gentle off Road Routes/Trails etc for a beginner in or around the Heywood area. I don't want to travel to far to soon, until i'm used to riding a Bike again! :wacko:
I have joined ''mapmayride' or whatever its called to see if i can find any existing routes, but not having much luck, So if anyone could point me in the right direction i would be grateful!

Cheers Gary. :thumbsup:

Dan151

Dunno if Heywood is near Gisburn forest but theres a blue grade trail there for you to get started on. Also if your travel a little theres Grizedale in the lakes which is brilliant to ride. Heres some sites on them
Gisburn Forest
Grizedale Forest

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Dunno if Heywood is near Gisburn forest but theres a blue grade trail there for you to get started on. Also if your travel a little theres Grizedale in the lakes which is brilliant to ride. Heres some sites on them
Gisburn Forest
Grizedale Forest
A bit too far for me at the moment. But thanks anyway mate... maybe one day when i have more time on my hands! They look like great places to go. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Have you tried using cyclestreets.net? It's useful for looking at various routes and includes most cyclepaths and minor roads. http://www.cyclestreets.net/journey/3522062/ shows you a route from Heywood to Castleton and it looks rideable for a fair way south from there. I don't know how good the route to Castleton is but it's a start.
Magic, Cheers for that. Good site that, And looking at that map i've found an even shorter route that i used to know.! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Yes, cyclestreets is a great resource. I'm guessing that you're thinking of what's marked on the opencyclemap view as Chadwick Lane. http://www.opencyclemap.org/
Yeah thats right. It runs from Heywood to Castle Hawk Golf course.

Top Bottom