Geometry - choosing a new frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endo

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some guidance on what to look for in a replacement frame to fix an issue I have one of my bikes.

It's on my Specialized Tricross, which I've had for three years. I wanted a bike capable of doing longer distance road rides, some light off road and which would take a rack for some light touring. I've done all these on this bike and it's been great, doing all of these to a level which has suited me fine.

The bike is light, comfortable and the handling feels quite quick. The only issue I have with it is that on the road, if I turn to look over my shoulder the bike tends to swerve into the road which is a bit disconcerting! I've not had this on any previous bike I've owned. I've tried to cope with this and adjust my technique but if anything it tends to go the other way off the road!

I do more road rides now so this is becoming more of a problem. What should I look out for geometry wise in a replacement frame?

Thanks in advance,

Nigel

brodie

I would guess your bike's got a fairly standard road geometry. I would practice riding in a straight line whilst looking behind!

jimboalee

To be honest, the Spesh Tricross have a fairly relaxed low Head angle.

This should be an advantage with 'hands off' riding.

Its a matter of developing the skills.

Soon enough, you'll be riding along reading the routesheet and swigging Coke at the same time.

I rode a 74.5 seat and 74 deg head for several years, which was very twitchy.

Top Bottom