Get out the way!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixxerman

Guru
Travelling home from the Waddo Air Show, and cycling up Lindum hill in Lincoln, which is quite steep. I am doing quite well, but obviously not well enough for Corsa man behind me. As he passes me he shouts "Get out the F**king way!". To which I reply "F**k off!".
What is wrong with some people?

DavieB

MIA
Your slow ?

;) Only joking my guess is lots pwicks out there. In a Jonathon Woss Stlyee.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I had a guy pulled alongside me in a ford so close I had to lean away from his mirror this afternoon while struggling up a long steep hill.down comes the window and unbelievably the guy is asking me for directions to somewhere I never heard of. I shouted back straight on then left at the junction. I hope he is still out there lost. :-)

DavieB

MIA
I was struggling to get my foot clipped in yesterday and a big shogun type thing decided to rev its diesel lump to about 4000 rpm getting by me. Could sense his frustration. Need more practice getting into the pedals :wacko:

Gixxerman said:
Travelling home from the Waddo Air Show, and cycling up Lindum hill in Lincoln, which is quite steep. I am doing quite well, but obviously not well enough for Corsa man behind me. As he passes me he shouts "Get out the F**king way!". To which I reply "F**k off!".

Perhaps he didn't have a good day at the airshow.

Did the Vulcan fly today???

See more people push their bikes, rather than ride them up Lindum hill.

OP
OP
Gixxerman

Gixxerman

Guru
snails pace said:
Did the Vulcan fly today???
Yes it did and it brought a large lump to my throat.
Shame the Lightning can't fly over here.

snails pace said:
See more people push their bikes, rather than ride them up Lindum hill.
I can understand that, it is rather steep. But Lincolnshire is flat - that's what everyone keeps telling us.

Philk

Talking about the vulcan.

As a child i live near RAF Conningsby in a little village called sandy bank, new york. It was around the time when they were building the hassies for the new tornado.

I used to see Vulcan, Phantoms,Jag sepcats, spitfires and the old Lancaster flying regularly, as our house was in the take off/landing flight path.
What more could a child want :tongue:

Shame im totally colour blind else i probably would have ended up being a pilot.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Lovely plane the Vulcan, they did a display over Whitehaven harbour at the festival last year and it was amazingly agile (and loud) to match with it's very stylish shape.

It was also capable of flying at least as far as anything that the RAF currently have. It's a shame that we have now lost the capability to actually carry out a mission like the one that the Vulcans flew to the Falklands.

Sambu

two old ladies in pulled up to me on the way up a long hill 'is this the way to sledmere'? i was a bit shocked but replied in the afirmative. the driver then changed through what seemed like each gear , just to see which was best, while weaving all over the road and forcing me into the verge! bloody old people!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I used to live close to RAF Finningley. Every year they had a vulcan scramble at the air display. The earth deffinitely shook for me at those displays.
I also went to RAF Conningsby as a cadet in the early 70's. The flight simulator for the phantom was then state of the art. The computer room was the size of a school canteen. But they didn't have enough computer power to generate images so had a camera above a model of the area around the base. When you flew further from the base it switched to somewhere in the mid-west of the USA.

buddha

Veteran
Every year the Vulcan comes to Biggin Hill it flies directly over my house. Sometimes it seems like I could touch it if I stood on the roof! Everything in the house shakes and I have to give the cat some Feliway (cat drugs-LOL) to calm her down.

jimboalee

Gixxerman said:

Any peanut who uses that kind of language is best left alone to get on with their own little trivialities.
Replying with similar dialog MIGHT engage their sub-human mentality enough to wait for you further along the road, with the intention of giving you a real right seeing to.

Or worse, allow you to pass and then re-overtake you giving you a small nudge leftward.;)

darthpaul

Had one myself this morning, held up 5 seconds, then held up for 5 MINUTES by 2 vans trying to pass on a narrow road. Still felt the need to call me a w#*ker as he went past me on a hill just up the road.

Top Bottom