Get some f*****g lights!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Can understand the OP's POV but pedestrians don't have lights and in fog I would and do drive at a speed decided with that in mind.

But pedestrians are normally on the pavement, not wobbling along the road. And if they step out, they should look for cars first.

(OK, I know lots of them don't, from what I read on here, but that's not the point).

atbman

Veteran
[QUOTE 1262491"]
You said yourself that the conditions were very foggy and cold. Therefore anything quicker then 20 mph in a urban area and you are going to fast for the conditions imo.

You go on about 'selfish tossers' but the quote I see above has clearly been written by one. Grow up, slow down, be more alert or walk/get the bus.

And define 'decent'?
[/quote]

Don't see any evidence that he was driving too fast for the conditions, nor any reference to >20mph. Perhaps you can see something that I don't, so I'd be grateful if you'd point it out to me.

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 1262491"]
You said yourself that the conditions were very foggy and cold. Therefore anything quicker then 20 mph in a urban area and you are going to fast for the conditions imo.

You go on about 'selfish tossers' but the quote I see above has clearly been written by one. Grow up, slow down, be more alert or walk/get the bus.

And define 'decent'?
[/quote]

For the hard of reading and/or the terminally stupid.

One was coming down London Road at a considerable rate of knots towards Worcester, I was waiting to pull out from a side road. It was only as I was actually pulling out that I saw him - about 10 yards away. Dark clothing, no lights, I simply did not see him / her. Nothing happened but it was a lucky escape.

Whilst I sympathise, there is the other side.

Twin Dinottes and twin Mars 4 on the rear, and had a white van overtake with about 6" because "He didn't see me"

My experience this morning is that a £250 set of lights showing about 80 times the required legal limit was pointless!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Whilst I sympathise, there is the other side.

Twin Dinottes and twin Mars 4 on the rear, and had a white van overtake with about 6" because "He didn't see me"

My experience this morning is that a £250 set of lights showing about 80 times the required legal limit was pointless!

Instant ban and destruction of licence!!!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Can we add, get some cycling lights.
As i had a cyclist come up from behind me tonight with a torch that had a flashing mode that was faaaar to fast and every time i looked behind me i was dazzled. I had to slow down to let him past and then hold a good distance back to make sure i wasn't going to be hit by any motorists he blinds with it.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgviWRjznog

But pedestrians are normally on the pavement, not wobbling along the road. And if they step out, they should look for cars first.

(OK, I know lots of them don't, from what I read on here, but that's not the point).

So are a lot of cars!

Pedestrians also cross roads on crossings etc

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

For the hard of reading and/or the terminally stupid.

This is why User3143 is the only user on this forum that I block. He's an idiot.

Responding to earlier replies comparing road users to pedestrians, not the point. Cyclists are required by law to use running lights, pedestrians aren't. In general pedestrians are not walking in the road except on country lanes and there a sensible driver does watch out for them. Pedestrians do not generally barrel down roads at 20 - 30 mph either.

Jezston

Über Member
Aaaand he's back.

*facepalm*

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8723240.Dorset_Police_launch_crackdown_on_cyclists_riding_without_lights/

Would be nice if all law abiding cyclists bombarded this with comments about what they use. And how they encourage lighting. :thumbsup: :whistle:

Not too sure what the Police think they're up to with the dreaded "h" comment.:rolleyes:

David Brown, a Poole councillor and Echo cycling blogger, said: “The law is probably not enforced enough because there are too many cyclists out there breaking the law on lights. But that number is a drop in ocean compared to the problem of law-breaking motorists.”

ALthough I hate to raise this because it'll probably restart an age old debate - did I read this right and it's law to wear a helmet? I'd always assumed it was still my choice and don't!! Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Top Bottom