Get up and go got up and went

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Spent the morning out shooting, the afternoon shopping, tidying and cooking as Mrs Drago is having a bad health spell. If she doesn't improve the GP has said they'd hospitalise her, which really will keep me busy.
Sorry to hear that. I hope she recovers soon.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks guys. She's endured five days of steroid therapy so it's hard to say what's the MS and what's the side effects of the drugs at the moment.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Left the Civil Service on voluntary redundancy by early pension in 2013 at age 54. While I could all too easily bum around at home with plenty of jobs for 'tomorrow' doing so was conducive to neither good health or family relationships. Tried applying for admin jobs in schools etc but with no success. Even in an area of near zero unemployment getting an employer to take a punt someone my age with previous upper middle management role as a junior was too much.

Volunteered for Citizens Advice as an assessor/lower tier adviser and (having established my bona-fides) fairly quickly worked my way into a paid role. Only 16hrs a week, but with extra shifts possible from time to time.

postman

Legendary Member
What is this word Work.I retired ten years ago.I intend to stay that way.A few jobs around the house.Gets me brownie points.

Top Bottom