Get up and go got up and went

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Since retirement beckoned I've led an easy, care free existence. I drink coffee, run, cycle or hit the gym daily, and keep busy with reading and playing with my amateur radio.

But that aside I seem to be drifting. For example, i'll think "Wednesday illl clean the car and re felt the shed roof", but Wednesday comes and I think "oh, i'll do it tomorrow" but never do.

I'm not complaining, just an observation that ilve gone from rigidly disciplined with my time to so laid back I'm horizontal.

Man retires and does not have the same routine shocker...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
To be honest I think you're pushing yourself a bit, clean the car and re-felt the shed roof on the same day, you want to spread both those tasks out over the course of a week at least.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Since retirement beckoned I've led an easy, care free existence. I drink coffee, run, cycle or hit the gym daily, and keep busy with reading and playing with my amateur radio.

But that aside I seem to be drifting. For example, i'll think "Wednesday illl clean the car and re felt the shed roof", but Wednesday comes and I think "oh, i'll do it tomorrow" but never do.

I'm not complaining, just an observation that ilve gone from rigidly disciplined with my time to so laid back I'm horizontal.

Have you thought of volunteering for a local charity? It needn't be full time.

doughnut

Veteran
My wife got me this and I havent even retired yet. She's going to get the shock of her life when I give up work and really start to slow down.

51rEHUBlqTL._SY450_.jpg

Top Bottom