Get up and go got up and went

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
You could wander round garden centres and supermarkets aimlessly, getting in the way of young, busy types who get really p1ssed of with that type of carry on.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think this is what you need:

roundtuit.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
Since retirement beckoned I've led an easy, care free existence. I drink coffee, run, cycle or hit the gym daily, and keep busy with reading and playing with my amateur radio.

But that aside I seem to be drifting. For example, i'll think "Wednesday illl clean the car and re felt the shed roof", but Wednesday comes and I think "oh, i'll do it tomorrow" but never do.

I'm not complaining, just an observation that ilve gone from rigidly disciplined with my time to so laid back I'm horizontal.

As I'm freelance I am periodically 'retired' by consumer demand, it takes me about two days off work to get to where you are at now.

Hence:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/structured-training-in-2017.212184/

byegad

Legendary Member
Having retired (Early) some 10+ years ago I've found Drago's problem totally....

Erm...

Nah! I can't be bothered.

In all seriousness I'm so busy with hobbies and family I have no idea I found time to go out to work. It may take Drago a while to get the hang of retirement but I've found it was worth the lack of effort.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Was going to walk the dog at about 2pm, then thought 'nah, i'll do it later'

Have you put some newspaper down?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Since retirement beckoned I've led an easy, care free existence. I drink coffee, run, cycle or hit the gym daily, and keep busy with reading and playing with my amateur radio.

But that aside I seem to be drifting. For example, i'll think "Wednesday illl clean the car and re felt the shed roof", but Wednesday comes and I think "oh, i'll do it tomorrow" but never do.

I'm not complaining, just an observation that ilve gone from rigidly disciplined with my time to so laid back I'm horizontal.

@Drago

I retired 12 years ago aged 48 - I'd had enough after a year and set up a little lifestyle business just to give me some social contact and a bit more purpose in life.

Retirement is grossly over-rated in my view.

Two good friends of mine (who also retired young) now witter on to me about housework, shopping and crap like that as that's what their life consists of.

They also profess to being eternally busy although when you cut to the chase they are busy doing naff all and major on procrastination.

There's only so many times you can cycle, climb mountains or play golf before tedium sets in.

A little bit of work 20 hours a week for 30 weeks of the year) keeps me sane. :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

Similar situation here. Just shy of 48.
Was going to say don't speak too soon, there are many who don't make it through the first 6 months, but at 48 you ought to stop fannying about, give me all your money & go out & get a job.

Top Bottom