Get up and go got up and went

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
PI Drago

All you need is the moustache

Tom-Selleck-mustache.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
If it wasn't for my family and work I'd probably spend all day in bed or watching tv.

Would be good for a fortnight but after that I'd be bored stupid!.

Would love to set my own shop up in 10 years time, and get my son involved (tuning cars), that would set me through to the end of it went well.

I like the idea of starting later and finishing early but having no purpose would drive me insane eventually..
I suspect I will be the same.
I'm very motivated at work but not so at home, I will happily do nothing much at all at home but then go a bit stir crazy...actually very stir crazy.

screenman

Legendary Member
Short turbo session done, work emails answered, book keeping done, breakfasted and showered, now typing this whilst I have a tea break from decorating.

Bike ride and walk this afternoon.

Not got a dog otherwise that would have been done as well.

And the willy waving commences...

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Not much one up manship with my running. Well, I say 'running', more 'staggering around huffing and puffing trying not to look like i'll keel over with a coronary'.

So, unless it's a competition to see who can look closest to death while exercising I don't think there'll be any Willy waving.

screenman

Legendary Member
Mine was about the fact that just because you earn money does not stop you doing other things. In my opinion not earning can often give fewer choices.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Get a part time job mate..most ex plod ,services need to..retiring with 30..40 years left to live ? Fo8k that

Tin Pot

Guru
Seen a job advertised, ticket inspector for London Midland. Part time, 20 hours a week. Sexy uniform, no office, could be right up my street. Might fire up the big computer and apply later.

I vote for parking attendant - or whatever they call the parking nazis these days.

It's the perfect cover for a PI too.

Slick

Guru
48 is far too young to retire. I tried it myself but barely lasted the day. I know that you say you are done with work as a means to live, but for sanity's sake you could make it work for you where you call the shots more. I've seen lots of guys make a success of retirement and I've seen a few slide into a black hole they couldn't get out of. The successful ones were very much content with their lot, but how could you possibly know that at 48?

Top Bottom