Getting a whiff of weed from passing cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
It always unnerves me when a single car passes me with a sole occupant, closely followed by the smell of weed.

It scared the life out of me to think the driver is out of it.

I've experienced this morning, noon and night, and again this morning on my commute.

Of course, I can't prove anything, and the car is usually long gone before I register the register (get that GoPro attached again!)

But as I write this, i'm thinking the drink driver isn't giving me these clues at all.

We need more Poilce doing stop checks. (We need more Police full stop)

Chris S

Legendary Member
It happens to me almost every time I go out in Birmingham. We just need a few PCSOs on bikes to take down number plates and then follow them up.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All the bloody time, Monday morning and Friday usually worse, and including work vans - how they get away with that as it's illegal to smoke in a work van as it's classed as a 'work place' - sure the Fleet Managers would get mad.

Just needs a few officers at the side of the road at traffic queue's - lots of lovely £100 fines (unlikely they's get more).

I used to be able to pin point which vehicle it was by the strength of the smell as I passed cars in traffic !

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
We’re fond of US Travel. And have been smelling weed in New York since time began. And it’s rife in California too.

But: it’s seems to be a more and more common smell in the U.K. too.

Sometimes in Lowestoft / Great (sic) Yarmouth the stench is so thick you don’t even need to be a first level user to REALLY ‘enjoy’ the effects 😳🤔🤣

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
We’re fond of US Travel. And have been smelling weed in New York since time began. And it’s rife in California too.

But: it’s seems to be a more and more common smell in the U.K. too.

Sometimes in Lowestoft / Great (sic) Yarmouth the stench is so thick you don’t even need to buy it to REALLY ‘enjoy’ the effects 😳🤔🤣

The 'contact high' is a myth, peddled by people who've never actually smoked.

THC, what gets you high, is absorbed in seconds. In your lungs.

Although I'd welcome a world where we all got to wander around in this apparent haze created by the occasional waft off a spliff.

Brandane

Legendary Member
There are very few Police Officers out there, and those that are are too busy being reactive (dealing with a backlog of calls), rather then being pro-active (carrying out patrols). This has resulted in there being very little chance of anyone being randomly caught breaking ANY laws, never mind low priority (in their eyes) road traffic offences, so the good British public just do what they want. It will be a long way back to anything like what we were used to 10+ years ago. In fact, forget it, it won't get back to that, ever. Best we can do is try to avoid putting ourselves at risk of being a victim of these selfish narcissists. Read into that whatever you like! For me, it means doing my cycling away from drivers whenever possible, and a grudging acceptance that the lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum. No-one else is going to help us, other than ourselves. Verging on NACA territory here! :unsure:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I think I'd rather have a dope fiend behind me in a car than a drunk. Maybe, possibly.

I remember reading some research that claimed drunk and stoned drivers were equally incompetent, but the drunk drivers were much more confident, and that made them far more dangerous.

[Edit: here you go https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/ and it also makes the point that doing both together is more dangerous still]

Last edited:
Top Bottom