Getting a whiff of weed from passing cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
no idea what it smells like to start with

A bit like hops IMO.

Maybe "Hemp beer" should be a thing...

D

Deleted member 26715

The 'contact high' is a myth, peddled by people who've never actually smoked.
I'll disagree with that I get an instant headache on the smell of the stuff, so something is clearly happening
Although I'd welcome a world where we all got to wander around in this apparent haze created by the occasional waft off a spliff.
Hope I never have to live in your world.

I also think that TV & Films are a lot to blame, the smoking of it in them is now prolific & it 'celebrities' are supporting it then the sheep will as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
The 'contact high' is a myth, peddled by people who've never actually smoked.

THC, what gets you high, is absorbed in seconds. In your lungs.

Although I'd welcome a world where we all got to wander around in this apparent haze created by the occasional waft off a spliff.
Unlikely, but possible.
"Studies have shown that although possible, it is unlikely that a person who breathes in secondhand marijuana smoke will get high."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/side-effects-of-secondhand-marijuana-smoke

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I always found that after smoklng I rode my Motorbikes a lot slower whereas after drinking I was far more reckless mind you this was in my youth (late 70's/early 80's)

There is also the fallacy that 'Cannabis is much stronger these days'....................utter tosh, I was smoking weed/hash back then that was really good, 'Thai sticks', Nepalese Temple balls, Red Lebanese, African 'bush', Paki/Afghani 'black' and many more but then in the 90's 'Soapbar' raised it's ugly head. 'Soapbar' is basically a factory product made in mainly Holland which is a decent resin that is chopped up and then adulterated with 'fillers' and re-pressed into lumps similar in size and shape to a bar of soap (you could tell it was made this way because you would come across little bits of the original cellophane wrapper embedded in the 'product') Now compared to this modern 'Skunk' is stronger.

Also the demographic of users changed from educated professional people University lecturers, Doctors, Teachers, Solicitors etc. smoking after a stressful day to unwind to the modern demographic of 'youths' who would have previously been drinking cans of Lager/Cider or sniffing glue enthusiastically taking up 'Wacky Bakky'.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll disagree with that I get an instant headache on the smell of the stuff, so something is clearly happening

Hope I never have to live in your world.

I also think that TV & Films are a lot to blame, the smoking of it in them is now prolific & it 'celebrities' are supporting it then the sheep will as well.

That's not getting high though, is it?

Smoking weed has been prolific for decades. Centuries, even.

It's sad that people can't start the day without smoking weed, or whatever else.

I do report them where I can be sure which vehicle it is, and I understand the police just put a drugs marker on the car so it can be stopped & the driver tested or whatever if it triggers ANPR (?)

It's quite sad that people find it necessary to go around reporting people but each to their own I guess, how would you know it's the driver and not the passenger smoking?

Would you do the same riding past someone's house if they had the windows open or people in their gardens?

Top Bottom