Getting Dirty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

User3143 said:
Not if you love cycling and your bike is your only means of transport.

So you define a love of cycling by the cleanliness of your bike? How strange.

My bike gets a thorough wash once every couple of months, and I clean the chain and gears every couple of weeks. I very rarely suffer any mechanical problems with it.

The MTBs tend to get washed more often simply because the mud would make them seize solid otherwise.

U

User482

User3143 said:
xx( Hmmm...yes, and you think that people that spend a lot of time cleaning thier bikes are strange freaks..ok.

You're just upset at being outed as OCD...

bikepete

Guru
Derailleur bikes: for fun rides at weekends etc. Cleaned quite often.

Hub gear bike with Chainglider chaincase: for daily commuting. Never cleaned. Still works perfectly. Looks dirty and crap - never been nicked.

Can't be bothered commuting on a derailleur bike nowadays. Too much faff.

U

User482

User3143 said:
Whatever User482.

Instead of getting in a huff here, why don't you go and clean your bike? Then after that you can make sure that your tyre logos line up with your rim logos.:thumbsup:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I cleaned my bike a fortnight ago, and now it's all dirty again. That's the last time I waste my time like that.:thumbsup:

longers

Legendary Member
I'm going to clean one on Sunday and put it away till next year, circumstances have meant I've had to use it for commuting recently and it's well past it's hibernation date.

mr Mag00

rising member
Then after that you can make sure that your tyre logos line up with your rim logos.;)

well they should shouldnt they, other wise the wheel is unbalanced? need to be opposite the valve

Top Bottom