Getting interest in this forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
see told you i'm not trying to get my post count up, see no one belives me ...... :blush: :rolleyes:

Jack

This place was pretty dead before you guys all joined recently, so I'm sure everyone here really appreciates it. :blush: Thanks for the explanation.

we are all new together, and it looks like 11 months without a single post on this thread some new posters were needed.

when i first joined and logged on today the most members online at the same time was just 38 by 2pm today that had increased to 178 ish. not a bad growth rate!

hope this place doesn't become commercial with loads of adds and pop ups as it gets more popular!

Windy

RT You might be a newbie but with 44 posts you are the forums most active member. I wouldn't be too concerned about earlier resident (irf there was any) they are probably gratefull for the company.

If I was the admin I would be on the phone to madison/halfords etc for some advertising dosh!! :blush: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh: all the way to the bank. :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
You can expect them to remain ad-free as I have no commercial interests. I'm just a cycling enthusiast with some free space on his web server.

I also don't mind it becoming a haven for C+/Biker*d*r refugees ... things were pretty slow moving up until yesterday, and I'm sure most other members will welcome the company and some new threads to get their teeth into ... :blush:

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I'm also a C+ memeber that did not like the new forum - I hope this forum becomes as good as the old C+

Rick

gbb

Legendary Member
Like others, i didnt know this forum existed before we got transferred to BR. I saw this site being talked about...glad i checked in...its not happening for me with BR, cant explain why :blush:

Posting rates...a lot was done in work time in C+, hopefully that will continue (until I.T. clamp down on me at least :rolleyes: )

Mortiroloboy

I can, BR is too big, too commercial and too cumbersome to use, soon it 'll just be a very bad memory! I like it here already, i know we all sort of barged in a bit like a herd of elephants (sorry Arch!) but basically I like to think we are a good natured happy group of cyclists, who enjoy a good chat, and to be able to pass on knowledge and learn from others.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
purpleR said:
I've moved over from Bike Radar in my ovine way. For me, it was just too big and cavernous.
:thumbsup:

if it's carnivorous, and you're ovine, you did well to move. :blush:

good typing from your hooves, by the way :rolleyes:

domtyler

Über Member
I predict that most people who have moved over here will gradually gravitate back to BR. It seems that they are fixing the tech issues one by one and will soon be changing it so that once you go in via the road section you never have to see the MTB stuff.

One of the nice things about C+ was the steady stream of new-comers and I cannot really see that happening here due to the lack of any external promotion.

dub-no-bass

domtyler said:
I predict that most people who have moved over here will gradually gravitate back to BR. It seems that they are fixing the tech issues one by one and will soon be changing it so that once you go in via the road section you never have to see the MTB stuff.
Some of the MTB-ers seem to have drifted into roadie sections, though. I'm still reading over there, but I notice they've started letting people use pictures signatures again, which I absolutely detest - can't see me spending much time on there if they remain.

Top Bottom