Getting more out of my rides advice..pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Losidan

Currently I ride every lunch time from work for about 40 to 45 mins at a steady but challenging pace....Amongst other things I also like do a ten mile time trial on a saturday morning on my mtb, on a route I have devised, as it gives me something to keep movtivated for.
I am wanting to do some stuff in my lunch time rides which will help me make improvements to my time.
I was wondering if doing some basic interval and/or aerobic threshold work would be of any benefit? Really could do with some guidance on this and suggestions of what would be useful in such a short time to do this work.

My first ideas were:
1. A ten min warm up followed by 20-25 mins of intervals on 3 mins on 3 mins off basis. at all out effort 10 min warm down.
2. A ten min warm up. 2x10 mins efforts at 90% effort and ending with a 10 min warm down.
3. A ten min warm up with a 1 x 25 min session at say 80-85% effort followed by a ten min warm down

I am also unsure about what sort of intensity to do intervals..Should shorter efforts be all out and longer efforts be more at my "race pace" so to speak.
Thanks ahead
Dan

Top Bottom