Getting ready to give it a go... 'Hello Nello'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Sun 28th June

Total distance
: 59.23 miles
Route: Nello - (according to them, 55 miles - or 100k :scratch:- it can't be both, and I don't think it was either!! I'm going to go with the number on my 'puter, and allow a bit of variation)
Time: 4.49.30
Av speed: 12.27
Weather: Damp. Windy. However, it could have been worse - though I was soaked to the skin before I even began!
Traffic: Fine - what a difference cycling in a group as part of a big, organised 'event'

I was fine; all the slogging up those monster hills round here in the past few months certainly paid off - I wasn't fast, but I did make good ground going up Long Drag, Cruwys Woods etc, when others were sobbing in despair behind me.

So that's it - all done. Many thanks to all who've cheered and encouraged from the sidelines @jazzkat @coffeejo @hatler @2clepto @Saluki @Racing roadkill among others. You made it a lot easier to keep digging in with the preparations, when at times I might have thrown the towel in.

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:
Well done! :bravo::cheers:

So, what's next?!

OP
OP
M

Mandragora

Well done! :bravo::cheers:

So, what's next?!
A lie down :-)

OP
OP
M

Mandragora

:laugh:

How many feet of climbing did your Garmin come back with? (I know it's not necessarily accurate but just wondering how it stacks up against your training.)

Not a clue, I'm afraid - I'm a technical numpty, and though the OH offered his 'device' I thought better of it at 7 o'clock this morning, preferring to make a bit of room in the bum bag for more jelly babies instead. (I have a nasty feeling I may have consumed more calories than I burned today, but I won't think about that for now!)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Because Nello, after whom the ride is named, was a restauranteur, the food is something special. I hope you tried the amazing kedgeree at the start. We pootled round the 100. It was certainly wetter than forecast until well into the afternoon.

hatler

Guru
Sun 28th June

Total distance
: 59.23 miles
Route: Nello - (according to them, 55 miles - or 100k :scratch:- it can't be both, and I don't think it was either!! I'm going to go with the number on my 'puter, and allow a bit of variation)
Time: 4.49.30
Av speed: 12.27
Weather: Damp. Windy. However, it could have been worse - though I was soaked to the skin before I even began!
Traffic: Fine - what a difference cycling in a group as part of a big, organised 'event'

I was fine; all the slogging up those monster hills round here in the past few months certainly paid off - I wasn't fast, but I did make good ground going up Long Drag, Cruwys Woods etc, when others were sobbing in despair behind me.

So that's it - all done. Many thanks to all who've cheered and encouraged from the sidelines @jazzkat @coffeejo @hatler @2clepto @Saluki @Racing roadkill among others. You made it a lot easier to keep digging in with the preparations, when at times I might have thrown the towel in.

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:
HUZZAH !! Well done. Now the problem starts. More gear. Another bike. Etc etc.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Well done! You probably actually have everything you need in terms of gear, a bike. But thinking that on the way home tonight means you have the most important bit already, the necessary mind set of a cyclist..'I feel like going for a ride..' :okay:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Plenty of Exeter Wheelers yellow in the first minutes, including me in the starting pen behind Marc.

Top Bottom