getting togged up puts me off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigguy

dress up??... sod that!!..... I wear my work wear.. work trousers, trainers ( steel toe caps) tee shirt, fleece ( sometimes),the only special item i wear is a light waterproof coat ( when its raining)

hubgearfreak

Über Member
snorri said:
The only times I get 'dressed up' are in winter when it is cold and wet, otherwise it's just ordinary clothes, Euro style as mickle says.;):smile:.

mickle, you and me. :biggrin:.

i'd feel a fool wearing TDF togs in the pub:biggrin:

Baggies or lycra bibs and jersey as a rule: SPDs, leggings and GoreTex jacket if cold, waterproofs if wet. Only 25 mins but I feel it's worth it, and I can shower at work.
Hate riding in jeans.
Otherwise Euro riding in shorts, T shirt and trainers to go the shops etc. in.

mr Mag00

rising member
at times i find it annoying but i cannot ride in anything else i find it too painful and i just build in to a routine, music a nd stretches. even an hour on the mtb i get togged up and out i go.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
All my cycling stuff is together in the wardrobe. My mitts and helmet hangs on the handlebars in the shed and my shoes are in the hall. It takes about five minutes to get ready to go out. Unless I'm cycling to the pub in which case I wear ordinary shorts and whatever shirt/ top I fancy.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I just wear normal gear most of the time... grabbing a cycling jacket is no different than grabbing an ordinary one. When I'm buying normal clothes I look at them to judge their suitability for cycling in... I didn't buy a pair of skinny jeans this week for that reason.

If anyone watched me in the changing room they would see me making weird sort of cycling movements with my legs and looking to see what seams there were on the derrier!!!:biggrin:

(I haven't tried the PJ option I admit... but I often cycle in flip flops in summer ... very quick to put on my feet - I've done upto 20 miles in them).

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Cycling clothing is also practical for all sorts of other activities, save time and money: don't bother with so-called "normal" clothes.

Top Bottom