getting togged up puts me off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Am I the only one that dreads the performance of getting all `dressed up' to go out for a ride ?
If it wasn't for having to put all my riding gear on I'm sure I'd cycle more often.
I know its not practical to cycle further than 8-10 miles in tracky bottoms and a sweatshirt because I'd be red raw all over ,sweating and very uncomfortable but it would be nice sometimes to just jump on the bike and go ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How long does it take to get undressed and re-dressed? 2 or 3 minutes!

Mr Pig

I don't mind at all. Proper cycling clothes do the job better than anything else so I'm happy to wear them. The only thing I fancy getting are some baggy cycling shorts, fat guys in Lycra look idiotic! ;0)

I vividly remember getting ready to go home one night when I worked in Park st, six miles from home, shorts, leggings, Goretex trousers, base layer, fleece, Jacket. Shoes and over shoes, gloves with liners, helmet, thermal balaclava and eye protection. The ride only took 30/35 mins and I'd spent 20 mins getting ready! Made me start to think about the advantages of Euro style utility cycling. Normal street clothes, trundle along. Sometimes we get too focused on the 'equipment'.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I used to think that about my motorbike gear, leathers, armour, cold weather gear, wet weather gear, ear plugs, muffler, contact lenses, helmet, etc.
Then there was all the security for the bike. The rides took less time then the getting ready some days.

I just cycle in whatever I am wearing.

Mr Pig

I remember when we first moved to this house and I bought my first MTB. First time I was going out on it I got all dressed up, got the bike out, checked everything, and headed down the garden to the gate at the bottom that leads onto the cycle path.

Wife stood at the kitchen window waving her intrepid husband off and as he crosses the (ten foot) of waste ground between the back fence and the path...

Pssssssshhhhhhhhhh....

Fat Pig turns straight around and walks back in, having completed approximately half a pedal stroke! Thought she was going to wet herself laughing :0(

;):biggrin::biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
If you're going out for a long ride you have to put on cycling gear, if you go for a walk the chances are you will have to change some clothing, so what's the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renard

I know what you mean. Its a faff which usually involves going back and forward a couple of times to collect something else which I've forgotten. The worst thing about cycling.

Mr Pig

Renard said:
Its a faff which usually involves going back and forward a couple of times to collect something else..

Good greif, you must be very disorganised! All our cycling clothes are kept in the one place. I usually keep my mits, glasses and the light Gortex jacket I wear most of the time sitting in my helmet so it's two minutes to get ready.

Maybe you've just got too much stuff? I rarely wear long trousers and only when it's really cold do I wear a lined jacket and full gloves. Even then it takes two seconds to pull them out, what's the problem?

snorri

Legendary Member
peanuts said:
Am I the only one that dreads the performance of getting all `dressed up' to go out for a ride ?
The only times I get 'dressed up' are in winter when it is cold and wet, otherwise it's just ordinary clothes, Euro style as mickle says.:thumbsup::wacko:.

Top Bottom