GHS Time Trial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un said:
Joe, f**k off my thread please;) Do I ruin the ones you start? Nope didn't think so.

YC, theres no need to swear now is there?:eek:
Why is it that when someone says something you dont like, you just want to run off and say the thread is ruined?

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Joe24 said:
YC, theres no need to swear now is there?:eek:
Why is it that when someone says something you dont like, you just want to run off and say the thread is ruined?

Becuase I can't be bothered to argue/waste my effort/time typing replies to idiots like you that think it is funny just to wind people up for now reason. And, you will find that I didn't swear, and that f**k is not a word, and therefore not a swearword

Joe24

Young Un said:
Becuase I can't be bothered to argue/waste my effort/time typing replies to idiots like you that think it is funny just to wind people up for now reason. And, you will find that I didn't swear, and that f**k is not a word, and therefore not a swearword

Really?
Oh hang on, its been put into stars, must be a bad word:eek:

Oh, and you put now and know no;)

I think the main problem YC is you havent got enough relaxed music in your life.
Put some Bob Marley on and relax, or some Jonny Cash, or Rolf Harris.

I was not winding anyone up, I insist it does not make any difference and you are just getting paranoid over all this aero stuff, you are "only" getting 10 mile times in the 24's so all this stuff about turning your head is going to loose you valuable seconds is just abit silly.

Please please dont turn into this guy from BikeRadar called Bhima, he's an ok guy like, but he comes up with so much rubbish some times it just gets silly. He has an banana fetish, let's not have you developing an aero helmet fetish now!!

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

willhub said:
I was not winding anyone up, I insist it does not make any difference and you are just getting paranoid over all this aero stuff, you are "only" getting 10 mile times in the 24's so all this stuff about turning your head is going to loose you valuable seconds is just abit silly.

Please please dont turn into this guy from BikeRadar called Bhima, he's an ok guy like, but he comes up with so much rubbish some times it just gets silly. He has an banana fetish, let's not have you developing an aero helmet fetish now!!

It isn't you I am annoyed at don't worry. But I see your point, I was probably being a bit over the top, but it is justified as I am not the only one that thinks turning your head creates too much drag.

I know, but if you are getting 24min times then I dont think it's going to have much of an effect, maybe there maybe a cause to avoid such actions if you are aiming for 20 mins and that but even then, minimal difference and in a way I think it's mostly paranoia.

I heard of a cause when someone even took the decals or stickers off their bike cause they thought the stickers where slowing them down :eek:

aran20

Young Un said:
It isn't you I am annoyed at don't worry. But I see your point, I was probably being a bit over the top, but it is justified as I am not the only one that thinks turning your head creates too much drag.

Turning your head does create drag Young Un, yes... BUT be safe as well as trying to get your fastest time you can. I've known riders get knocked off/severly injured and in some cases killed for not looking on busy dual carriageway slip roads.

Do the sport you love, BUT BE SAFE MATE!

AND, stop rising to the pisstakers, they're only having a laugh! (I think / I hope).

Joe24

aran20 said:
Turning your head does create drag Young Un, yes... BUT be safe as well as trying to get your fastest time you can. I've known riders get knocked off/severly injured and in some cases killed for not looking on busy dual carriageway slip roads.

Do the sport you love, BUT BE SAFE MATE!

AND, stop rising to the pisstakers, they're only having a laugh! (I think / I hope).

:eek: You think;):biggrin:

No i am just taking the piss, YC does seem to get abit touchy sometimes though when he doesnt like what someone is saying.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

User3143 said:
I think YU has done very well considering he has been doing the sport or only a year. I see that what you was posting was a bit of mild banter based on your own experience of TTing and can see why you should be more aggressive when doing a TT to get a better time.

We are different went out riding a bike and if Steve cannot turn his head because it upsets his riding then so be it. However with practise he will of course get better.

I have just finished reading the other thread abut sponsorship and I do think YU threw a bit of a paddy, however it was sound advice being offered and should be taken up.

Why don't you approach your LBS YU and do a bit of volunteer work? If your LBS is any good then believe me you will be able to drum up all kinds of help and advice.

Yup, I did throw a paddy, and I will admit to that! I have spoken to my Mom and Dad about volunteer work at the not so local lbs (18 miles each way) and they too think it is a good idea. My Dad phoned up today to ask if my rollers had come yet, but the owner of the shop is away for two days and so he couldn't ask if I could do the work.

Glad this is getting sorted, swearing is just so childish and pathetic.

OK losing time by looking back, as Aran20 said riders have lost their lives by not looking back, do you want your mum and dad to come and identify you in the morgue?? also and again I'll be blunt, at the times you're doing do you think 1 sec is going to change much? as you said your mate was a min ahead and made the cut, so you are slow enough to lose a sec and not worry about it. Heck I look back several times every mile, don't bother to wear an aero helmet and also ride a fixed, I've only been riding 18 months, a lot older than you (I have children older than you), smoke, overweight, recovering heart attack victim and still faster than you, I'd rather learn to push harder and know I'm safe than save 1 sec on my way to my own funeral.

Bottom line is do what you want, you have already proven several times, you come asking for info, when its not what you want to hear you throw your toys out of the pram, so don't ask questions till you have grown up enough to accept the replies, PERIOD!!

Top Bottom