GHS Time Trial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

HeartAttack said:
Glad this is getting sorted, swearing is just so childish and pathetic.

OK losing time by looking back, as Aran20 said riders have lost their lives by not looking back, do you want your mum and dad to come and identify you in the morgue?? also and again I'll be blunt, at the times you're doing do you think 1 sec is going to change much? as you said your mate was a min ahead and made the cut, so you are slow enough to lose a sec and not worry about it. Heck I look back several times every mile, don't bother to wear an aero helmet and also ride a fixed, I've only been riding 18 months, a lot older than you (I have children older than you), smoke, overweight, recovering heart attack victim and still faster than you, I'd rather learn to push harder and know I'm safe than save 1 sec on my way to my own funeral.

Bottom line is do what you want, you have already proven several times, you come asking for info, when its not what you want to hear you throw your toys out of the pram, so don't ask questions till you have grown up enough to accept the replies, PERIOD!!

Right I don't start an arguement by saying this but:

Yes I admit that I throw my toys out the pram on the sponsership thread.

But on this thread, and I am not saying that it was right to do, but I think that getting annoyed with Joe was justified because he was obviously just saying what he said to wind me up.

ON a different note:

Yes looking back on that day I should have cut the corner tighter, yes I should have looked back to check I could do, yes I should have not been moving around so much on the bike, yes I should have been in a harder gear pushing it more, etc etc, but I enter in events like these to learn, and I take away lots of useful tips as to how I can improve myself for next time.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

End of thread?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
HeartAttack said:
Glad this is getting sorted, swearing is just so childish and pathetic.

OK losing time by looking back, as Aran20 said riders have lost their lives by not looking back, do you want your mum and dad to come and identify you in the morgue?? also and again I'll be blunt, at the times you're doing do you think 1 sec is going to change much? as you said your mate was a min ahead and made the cut, so you are slow enough to lose a sec and not worry about it. Heck I look back several times every mile, don't bother to wear an aero helmet and also ride a fixed, I've only been riding 18 months, a lot older than you (I have children older than you), smoke, overweight, recovering heart attack victim and still faster than you, I'd rather learn to push harder and know I'm safe than save 1 sec on my way to my own funeral.

Bottom line is do what you want, you have already proven several times, you come asking for info, when its not what you want to hear you throw your toys out of the pram, so don't ask questions till you have grown up enough to accept the replies, PERIOD!!

AHMEN TO THAT!

Top Bottom