Giant Cadex 980 C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Can anyone offer an opinion on these bikes. I am interested because it is a Vitus carbon Futural design frame and l am just a bit obsessed with Vitus frame bikes . I currently have three all different so this Giant bike is interesting. Vitus made their own carbon bikes but l have never seen one for sale .
Any info on the Giant would be much appreciated .
1989-Cadex-980-C.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I used to have a Giant very similar to the one pictured. Badged as a TCR. It had a carbon fork but there was not mention of Vitus on it. Very light with full ultegra groupo. I'll try to dig out a photo.
I think the one you posted predates mine by some time which I would say was early nineties.

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I used to have a Giant very similar to the one pictured. Badged as a TCR. It had a carbon fork but there was not mention of Vitus on it. Very light with full ultegra groupo. I'll try to dig out a photo.
Thanks Cyclops, the only reason l know this one is a Vitus is because of the markings under the BB. I think they just supplied the ally. castings and the carbon tubes were cut and fitted by whoever Giant were using back in the 90's .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
They come up for sale quite often but I never realized that they used Vitus joints .

Specialized did a similar one and they are very nice indeed having owned one a few years ago .

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
@woodbutcher you could open a Vitus museum!
There are Two Giant 980C’s listed on eBay right now.
I’d love a Vitus but I’m too tight to pay the going rate, I’ll keep looking out for a bargain.
Keep your eye on Mr biggs, he just found a winner !^_^

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
They come up for sale quite often but I never realized that they used Vitus joints .

Specialized did a similar one and they are very nice indeed having owned one a few years ago .
This one is in Bulgaria , looks nice but so it should for £890.:whistle: l have had a quick look around at Specialized carbon on offer and they seem even more pricy than Giant !!

Top Bottom